I finally broke down and plugged my laptop into the wall in my student room. I have given up on being cheap this year and that was one of the final straws... but now I can do exciting things like blog, email and just browse the internet at 3am on a Sunday night when I thought it would be okay to drink just a sip of coffee seven hours ago. Oops again. So yes, I am wired in more ways than one.
Without a camera, this blogging business seems to be getting a lot less interesting, not just for you guys but myself as well. I will break down soon and procure one, I promise.
Let's see, what's new?
We have a new classmate as of a week and a half ago... delayed three months due to visa problems, Rahul joined us a just as the beautiful snow melted and the weather turned to freezing rain for a week. What a shock it must be, arriving from 30 degree celcius weather in India to -5 in northern sweden where it is gray and dark. (how do we spell grey in the US? I seem to have forgotten not just grammar and spelling, but which version of english I am supposed to know how to spell in).
If all goes well, this week will be my first attempt at making a my very own thanksgiving dinner... the turkeys at the store are incredibly tiny, and being that virtually no one celebrates this holiday it will be interesting to try to make all the food and learn how to baste and stuff a turkey in the ovens at school...
The latest plans for the upcoming holiday season are without detail, I know only that Anjalika and I have booked tickets to Amsterdam between the 19th and 31st of December. We will spend christmas somewhere in Holland, most likely with friends of hers (I can't say I really know that many people in the Netherlands to crash the holiday season with). Yes, we WILL be flying back to Umeå for new year's eve but I think there will be enough of us here that we will have a decent enough time, it will certainly will be a smaller crowd than last year's at the ministry of sound in London, but also far more affordable.
I'm going to try to get those a sweet three hours of sleep in before I have to get up for class in the morning....
No comments:
Post a Comment