Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A trip to see the girls

Between Umea and Chicago, some stops were planned and some unexpected.

A baggage fiasco in Arlanda caused me to miss my flights to Amsterdam-Stuttgart-Amsterdam. My three hours of sleep the night before made for a long and exhausting morning but eventually, I made it into the city and I spent the day in Stockholm staying overnight with Juan and Tonje. We met up with Berke and Pelin for dinner in St Eriksplan and then I was off again in the morning for Amsterdam.

Friday night I went out with Vanessa, Anjalika and Mine in Eindhoven and later found ourselves wandering down the college bar strip feeling just a little too old for the scene. Saturday Anjalika suggested we visit Maastricht, a beautiful, tiny town in the south near the Belgian border. It was a lovely weekend. Monday morning I climbed aboard the train back to Amsterdam, which nearly gave me a heart attack as it arrived nearly an hour late and I just barely made check in time for my flights running Amsterdam - London - Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment