My posting has been sparse recently--if you are one of the people who catch my "Notes" on Facebook, then you are actually missing my most recent declaration that I do in fact, look forward to my 1.5-3 hours of commute time every day. It is a bit long winded, but a halfway decent read if you have some time to kill and find yourself inspired enough to navigate to the missing post on blog page.
Post Christmas break, I have been surprisingly busy both at work, running about on errands and working on the whole life, friends and actually living in Seattle concept.
I spent New Years with friends of my friend's girlfriend-- an all out very nice new year's eve experience, I might add. So nice, in fact that I bussed myself on a Tuesday night to see some of them play at a venue 45 minutes from my house. Yes, I am really putting in the effort here folks. There was a near "Polar" swim in Lake Washington that first weekend of 2009 as well, but due to the fact that I believe polar should involve ice and the 46° water temperature and me not being committed enough to buy a wet suit, I stayed home.
Last week I also decided it was high time acknowledge I live here on more tangible level and I am now the proud owner of a proper grown-up bed and mattress. Yow.
Beyond the to-ing and fro-ing of late, it has been pretty wet and not particularly inspiring out recently, so the inclination to post the latest images of my life is as weak as my latest photographic efforts.
Oh yes. And I gave the old hair a long awaited and rather significant trim last weekend. So the Annika of days of yore is back with short hair and hanging with the kids from SHS on the (north)west side. Ha.
(Apparently, I am still searching for inspiration to write... better luck next week?)
Mengele zoo : Gert Nygårdshaug ;)
ReplyDeleteMaybe Obama's inauguration will bring inspiration, there's parties all over the place for the occasion, even in Wales, so it must be a great buzz where it really matters :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog, I'm sorry for eating at my desk (feel guilty after reading previous post).