Tuesday, July 06, 2010

It has been a busy few months working in one city, trying to return to the one I call home on weekends. I have found myself faced with some pretty big decisions over the past month and hard as they were to make at the time, right now I am feeling pretty good about the choices I've made.

This week I finish up my contract in San Francisco- I have been incredibly fortunate to work with such a talented and open team and I know that is something I will miss. None the less, I am greatly looking forward to that last flight, the last hotel check out, coming home to Seattle for more than a couple of days, and to spending some quality time with my friends I have hardly seen since April.

Of course, that might not happen all in one single go but it is a life I happily look forward to resuming.

This time last year I found myself in a paperwork hang-up which resulted with myself and the other contractors on our team not working and out of the office until the 17th of July. I had recently returned from two relaxing weeks in Sweden for the graduation show at my former school, a visit to Tallinn with Hannes and Terje and a weekend in Helsinki with Paula, Per and Johan. Fourth of July weekend friends were over to help work on the garden, we barbecued and watched fireworks from the rooftop of the building where I now live. Everything was laid back. There were no plans. They were lovely.

This year fourth of July again consisted of no concrete plans. Something about boat work in the marina Saturday, rafting up on Lake Union to watch the fireworks on Sunday and all interspersed with barbecue and friends. The holiday of course was buttressed by flights to and from San Francisco but after less than 48 hours in town the weekend before, a long holiday weekend made it seem all the more relaxing.

There are photos. The photos are on my camera. My camera is on the boat. With all these extra days coming up in Seattle, I might even get around to an extra post this month (!) and include pictures (if there are any good ones) from last weekend.

But I'm not making any promises on that one, not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment