Monday, August 09, 2010

SoMa to Mosinee to Capitol Hill

I failed to mention in my last post that it was also my final day working in San Francisco with the good folks in the Batcave of the Creative Design Center. We went for happy hour at Bloodhound (delicious bloody mary's!) and dinner at tasty place called Triptych. I didn't take pictures, but luckily for you Takahiro was showing off his new iPhone4 and I know how to snag photos from facebook ;)

Jorge, George, Taka, me.

You might think that in ending my weekly commute for work in California I would have had more time to write but as is always the story these days, I had many other things on my agenda:

I took a red-eye Friday night to Wisconsin, arrived in Milwaukee where I met Grady just as the car rental desk opened and drove to Mosinee to see my friend Bekki get married. (In case you're wondering: red-eye + time difference + driving all morning + wedding ≠ dancing at the reception. And what a shame that is, Bekki and I used to have so much fun dancing on football Saturdays after work!) Regardless, it was a nice weekend away. We drove around Wisconsin stopping at least four times in search for good Wisconsin cheese curds and even pulled off on exit 136 of I94 with the intention of seeing Shalon in Madison-- only to get right back on the interstate in order to make our flight back to Seattle Sunday night.

Upon returning, I slept in, found myself faced with the state of the apartment I'd scarcely occupied over the previous three months, thought about cleaning and went for my first summer sail on Slingshot since J-fest in June. That week I met with my new manager in the Office team, the project manager of the group I will hopefully be working with starting this week, helped Janna put together some of the decorations for her wedding I wasn't able to attend, caught up with Matt and got a surprise bonus-- Harper had just arrived the night before after a long ride down from Alaska. I had dinner with my friend Adrian who has now returned to work in Europe, sailed some more, got my haircut and on Friday, Miako arrived from Minneapolis.


Home made cake platters at Janna and Dan's wedding on Orcas Island. (Photo snagged from Molly's blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment