Students began arriving mid August, (the day after my adventures in the airport) and somehow, all my work from the summer was deleted while I was in Skane with Miako so the last part of summer was anything but relaxing.
Luckily, the new batch of students are great and have made the long days of meeting, greeting, touring and redoing work worth while.
BBQ by the river the last Tuesday before school began with Martin, Johan, Per and a bunch of the new arrivals was a nice evening to meet one another and savior the summer just a moment longer and then we started to orientation course. . .
Instead of waiting in the rain this year, we managed fair weather most days, a bit of a drizzle was made up by taking coffee while waiting at the tax office. A wask to Nydala Lake for a windy dinner, a night at the tent, an evening at News, real malaysian cooking at Krogen Krogen, brannbol, and the favorite: holding hands while climbing through a hula hoop game.
In the midst of it all, I managed to make my way to Vendel Alv for the second time this summer (third time in its proximity in three months!) This time with Georg and Matthias--two exchange students from Austria. We walked across the bridges on a tour I could not even entertain the idea of trying when I was on crutches earlier in June. I think I am making some great new friends here in these two, I only wish they were not leaving me in January when the term ends :(
No comments:
Post a Comment