Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday afternoon and I've been in London just over six weeks today.

I had determined that yesterday would be the day I would stop by a pub on the way home and try my hand at meeting complete strangers-- so far, my friends circle is awfully small for a city of 8 million plus. What I learned however, was that Thursdays are not the day to go out. The evening before as I was walking home (but had phone calls and other items on my agenda) I was inspired by the large number of youngsters and interesting looking people milling about outside the bars and was disappointed by my Thursday night crew. Instead I stopped into a couple of art openings-- a textile design show and a decorative arts show.

This weekend my plans include almost nothing, which is brilliant. I am exhausted-- still/again whichever it is. I wonder what I'll end up doing. I think it will be raining a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment