Last week seems like an eternity ago. This weekend feels like it will never end-- and that, strange as it may sound, is not a good thing.
I've been in contact with several teachers and principals from the Dragonskolan just west of the city center here in Umeå this week. I will be conducting my thesis work with this school of 2000 students between 16 and 19 years, their teachers and (hopefully) a few other players in their environments. The school is up for major renovations this year and there is a plan about to go into effect which will equip all the students, beginning with the incoming students in fall of 2008 with their very own laptops. I'm still not sure where this is going to lead me or how it will result in studies worthy of a masters degree in interaction design but I am hoping it will develop--soon! This unsure direction in my work might be part of the reason for the feelings of neverendingness surrounding this week. Well that, and the rain, sleet and fog (dimma in Swedish).
On another note, Joachim and I in a fit of what-can-we-do-on-a-Sunday-in-Umeå bewilderment rearranged the living room. We no longer live in the living room of some guys who went to the design school 4 or 5 years ago. It kind of feels like a real home now ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment