A few weeks back, there was a trip to see "The worlds funniest snowmobile contest"which, in hindsight, might not have been all that promising considering it is located two hours outside of our lovely little town of Umeå in Northern Sweden. None the less, we had the opportunity to wade through some lovely deep snow, attempt to win a free dinner for two at the Skootercafe and a drive by the moose farm. Yes, I have finally seen moose after THREE years here!
Last Sunday we had planned to bike up to Nydala Lake with our skis and go for a little tour around the lake through all of the weeks lovely snow. (There was so much snow, an outdoors group had built a gigantic snow cave outside of the university's gym and was planning overnights there all week.) As luck would have it, the temperatures soared Saturday and by Sunday everything was a lovely slushy puddle. So much for getting the 2nd run out of my skis after bringing them back in January. Thank you global warming.
I hear that if you get a snowmobile going fast enough on a lake and hit open water, it will continue to ride on the surface. I've never tried it myself because... well, you know... I'm kinda nuts, but not quite that nuts.
ReplyDelete