Thursday, June 26, 2008

The last big hurrah

An update: I have graduated. I have applied for my diploma and I AM DONE! A little peak at the last days of the school year (outside of school, of course).

I'm not even sure who we are mocking anymore... at one point in time it was the Japanse and the "two beers" gesture. Or is it the Koreans and the "shy V" ? Or was it just that cute asian girl thing? Yeah, I have lost track. From left to right, Stina, Vanessa, Haishu, Youle, myself outside the graduation dinner. (It was hot that day, nearly 85 and now in late June we are lucky if it hits 70...)


Kristin came back for my graudation according to a pact she and Anjalika made which somehow involved me making sushi of them with a samurai sword if they did not return. (I understand a threatening plastic sushi is en route to the missing party in Eindhoven)

Well, while it was light at 5am when we took the picture just before she left, it is still blurry.



Titti invited "my class" or what was left of us, for a day out on Holmön, an island just off the coast north of Umeå I wish I had visited when I first arrived. Just a short bus trip and ferry trip totaling little over an hour, and you find yourself on a serene little island whose community is connected by a tiny winding road through fields past little homes and rocky beaches.



I had intended to return to Holmön with some friends for midsummer, but it not working out was probably for the best. We decided to celebrate midsummer in the city at the outdoor live museum, Gammlia, where the city was throwing an celebration but more or less got rained out. At 4pm I called Vanessa and she joined me to make wreaths if only to make it look like had celebrated.



Finally after three years I managed to be in the country for the holiday and it had to rain! Eh, what can you do?
Midnight on midsummer's eve out my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment