I have had six mailing addresses in the past five months. I moved out of my apartment at the end of July and have more or less been living out of bags and my suitcase since then everywhere from Minneapolis to Eindhoven, Fort Collins to Chicago and Umea to Seattle.
I signed a lease for a new place at the end of November, but even though we took possession of the apartment on the 21st, I stayed with Jannes (where I at least had a furnished apartment in my surroundings) until I returned from Thanksgiving in Minneapolis. This week Sara (the new roomie) and I procured a kitchen table and chairs, a bookshelf, a few small side tables, a sofa and I now have both a mattress AND a dresser in my room. At long last it is starting to feel like I almost live somewhere.
We had a very low key housewarming party last night in our scantilly furnished apartment to celebrate the momentus move-in (ha) and in attempt to introduce friends to one another.
I might get some photos of the new place up here soon, but when I that will happen is in question as we still don't have internet access set up and postingBlogging from a coffee shop is just not as much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment