Sunday, December 21, 2008

Moving on

More goodbyes. Writing here sometimes feels like my life is a series of farewells to people whom I hold dear to me. This of course is not true but the momentous occasions are usually the farewells, not the first encounters.

Jannes returned to Bremen on Wednesday and Rahul is due to depart for Sweden/India before I return to Seattle after Christmas. We had some good times together and it is sad to see them go, but I suppose I will have to make new friends here eventually...



The snow continued to shock the city of Seattle all last week, pouring in Thursday. Schools, businesses and streets alike were all closed. Matthew and Molly* (Perhaps should I be noting the momentous occasion of a new friend here...?) risked the unplowed hills of Madison St to make their way towards my house and collected Robert and I to go sledding.



Sledding is an amazing activity which I love for several reasons:
  • It excites our inner child.
  • Anyone with a (preferably waxed) cardboard box can participate.
  • And most importantly: Adults always seem surprised how much fun it actually is.
All in all, I don't mind that the city of Seattle is simply not prepared snow and is forced to shut down and take a snow day on occasion. I am happy winter arrived, if only for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment