I also have to apologize for my 'clever' joke which apparently was just confusing. There was no date with an actual person. It was just me and my second (or third-, or fourth-) hand craigslist furniture spending some quality time together.
Lessons I [should] have learned from Friday night:
- My sense of humor does not translate any better to blogs than it does in instant messages, texts or any other written form I have put it in up until this point. (I usually confuse people in person, I don't know what I was thinking...)
- No matter how much you try to make light of your "date night" furniture assembling plans, multi-millionaires are not going to show up to your apartment to help assemble new or used furniture from their stores. (Don't rely on others to do so either, it's just torturing extra people.)
- Multi-hand ikea furniture often comes missing parts-- in my case there were quite a few.
- Using an electric drill significantly decreases your urge to utter expletives while assembling said furniture sans appropriate parts or funny wordless directions with happy asexual bubble figures.
- The wordless directions are half the fun. I definitely spend a lot more time going back to steps I've completed trying to decide what they were trying to make me understand with the diagrams. I recommend downloading the pdf just for the heck of it.
- Lastly: Pay attention when you're assembling your used-used furniture. There might be tiny little nylon screw fillings only available at the ikea 30 minutes away which are vital to the hanging of hinges. Not having these means you have heavy doors waiting to fall on your friends when they come over to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment