At first I couldn't understand Seattle's inability to clear the roads or the inability of Seattle-ites to drive in the snow, but I think I'm beginning to empathize--even if it still leaves me a little shocked and laughing. Considering the fact that the city only really sees a couple inches of accumulated snow once every couple of years, their lack of means to remove the snow is not surprising. (Although I believe better salting and sanding could still be accomplished.) Throw in steep hills and just freezing streets into the mix and you have a recipe for serious street sledding and buses sliding down hills backwards.
A continued glimpse into my life. Postings which once originated from 64° latitude and much further East now begin in the ever-green surroundings of Seattle, WA.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Bi-annual snow storms...
At first I couldn't understand Seattle's inability to clear the roads or the inability of Seattle-ites to drive in the snow, but I think I'm beginning to empathize--even if it still leaves me a little shocked and laughing. Considering the fact that the city only really sees a couple inches of accumulated snow once every couple of years, their lack of means to remove the snow is not surprising. (Although I believe better salting and sanding could still be accomplished.) Throw in steep hills and just freezing streets into the mix and you have a recipe for serious street sledding and buses sliding down hills backwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment