Tuesday, March 07, 2006

the Hundred Year winter?

I found my mySpace blog recently and for some reason I had the inclination to bring back the past...The posts from February, March and June '06 are just a little reminder of the fun I had my first year in Umea :(

.....

As I biked home the other night I came to a rather disturbing realization: I actually cannot imagine it NOT being winter here. Yes, it was sunny and late summer/fall when I arrived but it seems impossible to think now that beneath all of this snow and cold there is actually a road, dirt and a summer where the sun almost never sets.

Anyway, I'm back running again so at least I have SOME direction in my life. Don't know what I'm doing next year, not even which country I will be living in. So yeah, seems like my life is a bit in the air these days and if panic and a good deal of insanity seem to be coming through in my blogging, well that should explain a fair amount of it- the rest I am afraid is just day to day crazy Annikaness.

Please remind me not to wear my glasses on days like this... they just make me feel even more isolated, sleepy and anti-social.

No comments:

Post a Comment