while i was a bit overwhelmed at the beginning of the school year with the accumulation of tasks and responsibilities i had taken upon myself it was all worth it to know that i was helping people out, in some way making their lives better or easier, even if just a little bit.
I have made some really nice friends here in the last year. Some of them now live in other cities and countries and I will probably never see them again, but there are also those who I know I will and those that I find myself hoping I will stay in contact with. This cycle will repeat itself at the end of the term when friends leave after their exchange is up, at the end of this school year and next when we graduate. And then where do we go from there? What do we call home? (have we left it behind? are we there now, is it just beyond the horizon?) Who do we take with us or make room for in our lives and at what point do we keep heading on our independent paths in search of that thing that we are looking for... what IS it exactly?- will we know when we find it or we already passed it and somehow not seen it?)
(some of those universal ever breeding questions that fill my mind in idle time...)
Oh yes, and.... I went to Hamburg and found a T-Rex for the family calendar :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment