Monday, September 25, 2006

home sweet home


The funeral was very nice. Even better was the time I got to spend with Miako, Michi and my mom. It was too short, but the event managed to bring us together as adults for the first time in our lives and I couldn't have hoped for anything better than two days we had together.

It is always hard to leave family behind. This time it was, as my father would say, truly "the end of an era." I will go back once more when the house has been sold to help Miako with the final moving, cleaning, etc. but leaving Svanvägen was hard. Those last nights were strange-- falling asleep in the house where I my spent summers as a child and knowning that it is really over, that my granmother would not be there in the morning when I eat breakfast and that I will not spend another Christmas holiday with her (granted, rather silent and not very festive, but none the less...)

Luckily I have very good friends who make me happy to be back-- Thanks Matthias, Georg and Anjalika :)

No comments:

Post a Comment