A continued glimpse into my life. Postings which once originated from 64° latitude and much further East now begin in the ever-green surroundings of Seattle, WA.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
end of an era.
I went south this weekend to do some packing, etc of my grandparents house with Miako (I ended up more rearranging and labelling things than packing but what can you do?) That was the last time I will probably see the house. I can't be certain, but I may have more memories playing in the garden there than back at our old yard in Minneapolis. The new owners will close on the house at the end of the month, remodel the kitchen, the bathrooms and no doubt, everything else. I had a camera to take some photos while I was there but it was such a mess-- not the way I want to remember my grandparents home.
I wish I had had more time to just hang out with Miako, we managed to have coffee with the neighbors a few times, her adoptive parents (who are honestly some of the kindest and sweetest people I know). Other than that we survived the hurricane that has left over 65,000 swedes without power since sunday (yes, apparently they have hurricanes here but they're not quite like the ones you're thinking of) No buses, no trains, no planes and me flying standby back to umea = me not getting back as planned but getting here no less with an amazing assortment of items crammed into my suitcase including ski boots, a rug, a really sweet thermos, nearly a dozen wine glasses, the same of beer glasses, various kitchen implements, and well, you get the jist, all sorts of fun goodies... now if I only could have fit the couch in my suitcase...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment