Monday, April 16, 2007

30 minutes makes all the difference


An extra half an hour for lunch and no food at school afforded me the opportunity to walk upstream past downtown and see what is happening on the sunny side of the woods. There were birds and flowers and the water was sparkling in the sunlight.

Delightful.

As I walked alone along the riverside, soaking in the sunlight, absorbing the fresh spring air, watching the birds play on the ice as it floated downstream and the first signs of life creeping out of the woods, I realized how funny it seemed to others passing by who saw the way I was clutching my camera, stopping every so often to document these moments. And I knew that it was an emotion they probably did not relate to--it's not lonely being alone, it's actually incredibly soothing. But something about moments like that makes you want to share with others how great they make you feel. So half-trott down the path, camera in hand, smiling to myself like a fool and try to capture the way I feel with my little digital camera. Maybe it works and maybe you see it. I don't really know, but I'm trying and it makes me happy. More of spring is posted on my flickr account.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya, girl. I love those moments too. When you can't remember how that huge grin got on your face, but its there and you realize you're happy.

    ReplyDelete