Friday, May 25, 2007

"I'm really going to miss that television"- Jorge

It is the biggest party of the year this weekend and everyone's excuse to get stupid drunk and burn things. Tonight as we returned from school to the mayhem spring festival in Ålidhem, Jorge went inside his corridoor to drop off his bag and as I waited, someone shouted at me from the kitchen window to move.

A moment later there was a large "pop" and a blazing television was lying exactly where I had been just moments before. I stood watching, wondering if I should get my camera out of my bag to document this for my weekly post but apparently was too tired to react quickly enough-- no sooner than the flames had almost subsided did two policemen pick up the smoldering remains and carry them away.

You will just have to picture me standing in the twilight of 11pm surrounded by happy, friendly, drunken, young swedes, police in bright yellow, reflective vests and caps and the flaming remains of an IKSU advertisment burning amongst the shattered bits of what used to be the chopstick controlled television in Jorge's corridoor kitchen.

Let's see if I can get some sleep in me tonight. I sure seem to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment