Saturday, May 05, 2007

When good ideas are just plain IDIOTIC ideas

I'd like to take a moment to share one of those not too frequent but incredibly ludicrous ideas I concocted this afternoon.

As you know, I broke my ankle last May. This winter I sprained my other ankle quite nicely as well. So as you can imagine, my ankles are not as stable as I'd like them be these days.

It is Saturday today, which usually would mean that I would go for a nice jog before beginning a leisurely day. Today however, and yesterday I've noticed my formerly broken ankle has been particularly sensitive to quick movements and decided to take the day off. With a list of things to do in the city, I cleaned my room this morning and while organizing my closet found a pair of high heels I have only found occasion to wear once in the past two years.

Now wearing high heels has its ups and downs but some of the pros would be that their use engages the muscles in the ankle quite a bit more than flats and they can be a rather disciplining exercise for your calves.

Knowing that my feet have been quite happy from low mileage and that I would not be running today I thought to myself, "This is the perfect opportunity to make use of your heels!"

Yes, let's all take a moment to shake our heads in pity at my foolish idea.

Now that we've done that I can finish the tale of my genious act.

The center of the city is about a 45 minute walk downhill from where I live and you can well imagine by the fact that I found this noteworthy enough to write about that the trip went brilliantly.

I did not twist my ankle, nor did my calves burn or get tired, or my feet sore. Instead, I managed to muster some of the nicest looking blisters on the balls of my feet I've seen since Michi was figure skating or Josh kick-boxing.

What can I say? Sometimes, I just can't resist making idiotic decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment