Somewhere along the way, the road forked and when I awoke we were passing Stone Henge which is definitely NOT on the way to Lymington.
Eventually we did make it to Lymington and had a really great weekend. Saturday morning William made us a real English breakfast of beans, sausage, eggs and we ate on his terrace. We had ice cream in the Marina just down the road from his apartment, walked along the sea wall, toured the market in town and met up with Manuel's mother (who was travelling from Austria and had been touring the Isle of Wight the day before). That night we made a nice dinner and enjoyed fresh sea food and good company with wine again on the terrace.
Pancakes Sunday morning and a trip to the beach where, although it wasn't really swimming weather, Manuel and Evi braved the cold and took a dip.
A lovely weekend away from the hyperspeed and population of London--I was surprised that after just over a week in London I was already so exhausted but I suppose walked nearly an hour each way to and from work everyday, working one and a half jobs and staying in someone's living room (sharing it, no less), I should have expected as much.


No comments:
Post a Comment