Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Always coming back home to you..."


...to quote my favorite hometown band, Atmosphere, it seems I keep being drawn back to London--not that London is home or ever felt that way to me-- but once again the powers that be thought I should make my way to the British Isles...

The second year Interaction and Advanced Product design students went to London last weekend for the 100% design festival. Of course, we showed up two days into the four day event and the utility of the trip for my program was slim to none, but I managed to enjoy my return to the city, see a few markets and meet up with some friends (note that I officially had "two friends in London" at the office... but as it turns out, there are a few more than that to see).

Having the freedom to enjoy the city without the worries of returning to work in the evening for school or the morning for my internship (as well as it being a weekend school trip) made me enjoy the city a lot more--much like I did when I first went with Miako my first difficult winter in Sweden.

From London, I again made my way to Copenhagen to relax and enjoy two days before returning to Umea. This time, it was to see Miako. Again, a short but sweet trip. We ate some good food, wandered about Copenhagen and Malmo, took the bus a little more than necessary and talked about the pros and cons of living in the grey, wintery weather where vacation time is valued so much higher than it is back home in the states. The conclusion: I'm still on my own here wanting to stay in Europe but feeling more and more the consequence of what that decision would mean in the long run.

There was a great inKick party and dinner this Friday but I can't find a single photo from the event. That will have to wait until the next evening I can't fall asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment