Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What's up in Annika land...

If the mood isn't striking just right it's difficult to write. Despite this, I still try to off a short email or message on facebook occasionally, but it seems people don't appreciate those much either.

Let's see if I can't get you guys back in touch with the goings on in my life...

Last week was really busy. So was the week before. And the one before that and well, let's just say it's been a packed four of five weeks in October/November.

As I mentioned before, we were doing an "experience prototyping" course these past weeks. We had a guy here for a week who taught us to hack all sorts of hardware (fans, keyboards, etc.) and wire it up to various controller boards, our computers and software and use input and output from the various light sensors, fans, motors etc. to cause other things to happen, either on screen or activate another object.


We had a short demo of our projects for the school Friday afternoon and celebrated Halloween (perhaps a little too)throughly, on Saturday evening. By Sunday afternoon, it was time to get back to work. My mind and body unwilling as they have never been before, I managed to get myself to school to meet Vitorio and plan our last week of our project.



Ulrik was "stinky fish" (Surstromming), I was a bee, and Camille O. was items on sale from the local grocery store :P






At the end of the week, we presented our projects in the morning, were treated to home made lasagna for lunch by Camille M, and then had a vernissage/open house in the art studio open to the school with all of our projects.



It was really cool to have so many students from the various programs come by and take a look at our work. Videos and photos to come soon on my webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment