Monday, July 20, 2009

Noteworthy

I just got back from Whidbey Island Race Week-- a week of buoy races out of Oak Harbor. It was a great time and I was fortunate enough to find myself sailing with an awesome crew aboard Slingshot, a 30 foot J-boat in need of a bowman.

While waiting for the wind Monday, while other boats were hoisting their crew up harnesses and bouncing them in the water, I inspired yoga class on our boat.


Jacqui, Steve and Grady show off their skills in Dancer's pose

The rest of the week we managed 11 races and had beautiful weather.


Jeff, Jacquie, John, Mike on the rail, Grady at the helm and Rick at the stern on an upwind leg Tuesday with the brand spanking new head sail.


Jeff is rail meat while Steve and Mike trim the pretty new spinnaker on a downwind leg..


Relaxing on the way back to camp after a three race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment