Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"The BAAATHS on the banks of the Danube" (please note the snooty pronunciation)


Budapest, Hungary Day 2

Checked out some of the old thermal spas on the Danube River and went to Margaret Island, a.k.a. land of super sporty people plus me and my crutches. Thanks to Erica's enthusiasm to try out the thermal baths, warm weather, and the fact that I refuse to allow some lame broken ankle stop me from having fun this summer, we made a scene at the local bath. Yes I did crutch down the deck of the pool in a running shoe, cast and bikini. And yes, I did take off my cast, hang out in the thermal pool (in which some questionable 'adult activities' were occurring) and eventually swim in the pool where I later got nailed in the face with a ball by two guys playing catch--I hope they saw me hopping over to my crutches later and felt like jerks! Oh yes, and Erica did go down the huge inflatable slide for children, and yes, I did take a picture. Ahh, nothing like a day at the baaaths...

After a free 'dinner' at the hotel we went for a romantic night walk along the Danube and learned about all the fun night photo features of our cameras. (Romantic walks, dinners and the like seemed to be a bit of a reoccurring theme on this trip.)

Note in the picture, the castle and chuch behind me. That was our hotel!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,how is Hungary?I only know one word in Hungarian,hush menush,lol.Anyway I also broke my foot and stuck in a cast for the summer,really sucks!!!!E-mail me if you like,ep2121@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete