Friday, June 30, 2006

Umea, sweet Umea...?

I am back in Umea. Supposedly I am working here. I am a contact person for the incoming international students. Assigning housing, helping them figure things out before they arrive and when they arrive. Assisting the Master's Program Coordinator with whatever else she needs/wants done. Soon she and everyone else working at school will go on vacation and it will just be me...

But the city is breathtaking. Everything is green, the river is beautiful and the temperature is perfect. It is DEFINITELY outdoor activity weather. I am out of my cast and off the crutches as of Thursday. I walk slower than the little old ladies with walkers and a girl told me yesterday I walk like her friend with rheumatism. I am so slow, it is embarassing when I walk with friends.

Yes, it is perpetually light here. I took this photo at midnight the other night!

1 comment:

  1. hi annika,
    nice blog!!! i'm just about to finish
    everything here in bavaria before i'm leaving to mlada boleslav, skoda and hopefully some nice weekend in prague this evening...
    looking forward to see you next term... :)
    have a great time - the sunset/sunrise looks awesome...
    hugs- kristin

    ReplyDelete