Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sailing, Everett, the Fall Series Regatta, there and back


Martin and Grady at the end of the Fall Series Regatta in Everett.

If you have entirely missed my last six months of posts, I've been sailing a lot lately. In fact, on my way to a soccer game the other week I noticed the Magnuson Park semi-annual book sale was taking place. My last visit to the area was during the spring book sale my first weekend sailing in Seattle with the Puget Sound Sailing Group where I first met Grady which (somehow) earned me enough credit to sail with Slingshot at Raceweek in July and I've been with them ever since.
As you can see, they are a lot of fun.

We have made a few trips to Everett for their Friday night races. We decided to make the journey up for their Fall Regatta a few weeks back, and while not all the boats we'd hoped for showed up for the races, it was an awesome weekend. We ended up winning the regatta (!) and had a great sail back Sunday afternoon with Ken, the organizer of PSSG and his wife, Gigi.

No comments:

Post a Comment