Friday, September 04, 2009

Friday, friends and food chez moi

Anyone who knows me from my days before Seattle and the necessity to schedule hang out time well in advance (gross) knows one of my favorite things to do is have friends over for a relaxed evening of food, conversation and wine. For more reasons than are worth mentioning, I haven't done this in a very long time. So at the end of yet another long week of activities which merely thinking about left me so exhausted I wanted to collapse on my sofa, I invited a couple friends over for dinner. And those friends were able to bring a friend, and other friends were able to join, and suddenly my modest hopes for a simple evening were surpassed and the result was an evening of lasagna, wine, lemon tart (courtesy of Molly) and some pretty hilarious conversation. Impromptu parties are a great way to end a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment